Features of IGCSE
- The curriculum prepares for higher-level courses such as the AS and A level, International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, and the North American APT (Advanced Placement Test);
- Has worldwide recognition and is equivalent to the Certificate of Secondary Education from Indian education boards, General Certificate of Secondary Education, and O Levels;
- The curriculum evolves and brings in local economies and cultures within a global context, hence ensuring that students gain a wider perspective while recognizing and valuing their own environment; They have also introduced a new subject as India Studies.
- The curriculum develops a balance, inquisitive mind which makes process of learning fun and interesting.
- Ensures a broad-based education, while encouraging a degree of choice.
In most subjects there is a choice between core and extended curricula, making IGCSE suitable for a wide range of abilities. As per the Association of Indian Universities, a minimum of five passes with grades A, B or C is equivalent to 10(Ten) years Secondary School Certificate of an Indian Board.
SUBJECTS IN IGCSE GRADE IX AND X
Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Group 4 Group 5
(Languages) (Humanities & Social Sciences) (Sciences) (Mathematics) (Creative, Technical &
First Language English Literature Physics Extended Art & Design
Second Language- History Chemistry Additional Music
Second Language- Economics Biology International Drama
Second Language- Physical Education
Hindi Business Studies